The Cooper Union, 2016–2020, New York, NY.
The Cooper Union is a private college that was founded in 1859 by the industrialist Peter Cooper. U.S. News & World Report ranks The Cooper Union as the #2 college in the northern region of the United States. Newsweek ranks Cooper as the “#1 Most Desirable Small School” and the “#7 Most Desirable School” overall.
Graduated: B.F.A. on May 27, 2020
DASH, 2012–2016, Miami, FL.
Design and Architecture Senior High, or 'DASH' is a Miami-Dade County Magnet School that provides a rigorous curriculum in art, design, and academics to students who are admitted through a portfolio based application process. Students at DASH graduate with 32 credits, exceeding the state required 24.
Graduated: Cum Laude on June 8, 2016
Soft Powers - Solo Show - 41 Cooper Gallery - New York, NY - 2021
- Installed a suspended 20-foot macramé tower with embedded electric lights.
- Projected a 2-story video installation of aerial footage.
- Sold home-grown monstera plants imported from Miami.
- Never-before-seen Ms Pat portraits and botanical posters.
Y(art) Sale - Unbranded Brewery - Miami, FL - 2021
- Displayed an installation of macramé Tower Prototypes I & II, suspended over an 'island' of tropical plants grown by the artist including monsteras, syngoniums, coleus and pothos.
End of Year Show - The Cooper Union - Online - 2020
- Exhibited web design, alternate process photographs, and performance as part of Cooper Union's online EOYS exhibition.
BFA Show 2020 - Serving the People - Online - 2020
- Exhibited the Stiltsville film alongside over 800 artists in this massive online exhibition put together by STP.
Business as Usual - 7 E Seventh St - New York, NY - 2019
- Screened the short film "Toyotathon: Camrypocalypse" as part of an exhibition curated by Claire Kleinman and Alisa Petrosova.
Still Life - Gallery Exhibition - New York, NY - 2019
- Showed two paintings and distributed ephemera alongside many talented artists.
Art Show - The Dekalb Palace - New York, NY - 2019
- Displayed an untitled painting at a popular underground music venue.
End of Year Show - The Cooper Union - New York, NY - 2018
- Exhibited a 2-channel video installation "Partition" alongside design and photo work.
Anthology Film Archives - Cooper Union Film Festival - 2017
- Screened a short film as part of a film festival on April 29, 2017.
Future Visions - Adolescent Content - Winter 2021
- My photography was featured in this annual photography book sent to Adolescent Content's corporate clients like Nike, Microsoft and Facebook.
Mentorship Program Yearbook - Out in Tech U - Fall 2021
- Out in Tech featured my VR interaction design project 'Tombs of NY' in the seasonal yearbook for their LGBTQ+ tech mentorship program for young people.
Opinion Column - The Drunken Canal #10 - October 2021
- The article 'Making Space for Male Thotwear' was printed in this monthly local newspaper based in Manhattan's Dime Square. I gave my best fashion advice to an unfortunately style-challenged demographic: men.
Print Centerfold - OUCH! Magazine No. 1 - October 2020
- My photo essay 'Glamour is Ageless' was published in print and digital for this semi-monthly artist publication. The photos feature Ms Pat and I in subtropical bliss, the essay details Ms Pat's past accomplishments.
Union Journal - The Drawing Issue - September 2020
- Concept sketches for 'F the MTA' website were digitally presented with other Cooper students as part of an anthology.
Pastel Serenity Zine, Volume 1 - September 2020
- My essay "On Graduating into Global Crisis" was published alongside photographs from my commemorative puddle ceremony in cap and gown.
- Photo Assist: Claudia Corujo
Print Editorial - ARTFAG! Magazine VOL. 1 - May 2020
- Selections from my 2018 "Self Ideations" portrait series were published in print and digital alongside an interview in this 80 page zine for charity.
Cover Editorial - WAIF Magazine - February 14, 2020
Awards and Honors
Out in Tech Mentorship Program Graduate - 2021
- Developed the game design project 'Tombs of NY' as part of this cohort.
- Mentored by Zach Deocadiz, a VR UI/UX Designer at Vicarious Surgical, Inc.
Creative Grant Winner - 2021
- Awarded by Adolescent Content for Photography.
- For the photo essay "Ms Pat on Love and Life".
Bliss Pride Campaign - 2020
- Video collaboration with Adolescent Content x Bliss x Trevor Project.
- Awarded most creative advertisement in the campaign.
Irwin and Lillian Appel Endowment - 2020
- Graciously donated by Kenneth Appel.
Vincent J. Mielcarek, Jr. Memorial Fund Prize - 2019
- Received for outstanding academics and achievement in photography.
HackNYU - Honorable Mention - 2018
- Accolade from J.P. Morgan Chase for work on a interface for disaster responders.
Art Director - Brutal Ceilings - 2020–2021
- Oversaw all branding, creative development, and design initiatives for this Miami-based interior design startup.
- Managed social media campaigns, earned media coverage, and customer relations workflows.
- Designed showroom interiors and exteriors, planned ceiling layouts.
- Developed guidelines for the human-machine manufacturing workflows of postmodern interior design products.
Creative - Adolescent Content - 2020–2021
- Shot influencer campaigns, endorsed skincare products, and completed commissioned photo series for web publication.
Technical Assistant - Cooper Union IT Department - 2020
- Trained a multitude of professors and faculty in the use of Zoom and Microsoft Teams video meeting software during and outside of their online studio class time
- Assisted in technical issues and educated on proper GUI navigation of Mac OS
Monitor - The Paul Laux Digital Architecture Studio - 2020
- Oversaw laser cutter operations, large format plotter queues, and 3D printer maintenance while keeping the studio tidy and adequately stocked with supplies
Production Assistant - The Eyeslicer - 2018
- Facilitated the filming process for the Halloween special of this Indie TV show.
Art Handler - The Cooper Union - 2018
- Dissassembled, packed, and moved artworks for transport.
Tour Guide - The Cooper Union - 2017
- Extolled the virtues of Cooper to prospective applicants.
Sales Associate - Cherry Picked Vintage Market - 2016
- Sold antique items while assuring the customer's satisfaction.
Makerspace Intern - Moonlighter Lounge - 2015
- Oversaw daily operation of a laser cutter, CNC mill, and 3D printers.
- Managed complex fabrication projects for clients.
Camp Assistant - Art Center South Florida - 2014
- Taught art to children through various activities in a classroom setting.
Press F for The Glove - The Glove - August 1, 2019
- Became a Camry as part of a somewhat haunting video performance with vocals and theremin.
TRYOUTS 2 - Club 444 - July 23, 2019.
- Intensive 20 minute video slideshow performance on the spectacle, commodities, and cuteness while playing a digital theremin.
Certified in Photoshop, skilled in After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, and XD.
Nearly a decade of experience with web and print design, branding, front-end development, book and icon design.
Many licensed editorial works of analog & digital photography. Trained in studio portrait lighting, darkroom, and retouching.
Very skilled in precise post-production editing in Premiere. Compelling motion graphics for title cards and animations.
Interactive Design Platforms
Figma, Firebase, Glitch, Github, Shopify, Twilio, Sketch
Remote Work Programs
Zoom, Teams, Slack, Google Hangouts, Facetime, Skype, Discord
Maya, Blender, Sculptris, Houdini, Sketchup, Unity
Capture One, Affinity Photo, Powerpoint, Word, Excel