The Cooper Union, 2016-2020, New York, NY.
The Cooper Union is a private college that was founded in 1859 by the industrialist Peter Cooper. To gain admittance to the School of Art, prospective students have to complete a grueling home test consisting of six conceptual art prompts.
U.S. News & World Report ranks The Cooper Union as the #2 college in the northern region of the United States. Newsweek ranks Cooper as the “#1 Most Desirable Small School” and the “#7 Most Desirable School” overall.
DASH, 2012-2016, Miami, FL.
Design and Architecture Senior High, or 'DASH' was ranked #21 in the Nation, #6 of the Nation’s magnet schools, and #2 in the state of Florida by U.S. News and World Report in 2016. DASH is a Miami-Dade County Magnet School that provides a rigorous curriculum in art, design, and academics to students who are admitted through a portfolio based application process. Students at DASH graduate with 32 credits, exceeding the state required 24.
Graduated: Cum Laude on June 8, 2016
Events & Exhibitions
Business as Usual - The Cooper Union - 2019
- Screened the short film "Toyotathon: Camrypocalypse" as part of an exhibition curated by Claire Kleinman and Alisa Petrosova.
Still Life - Gallery Exhibition - 2019
- Showed two paintings and distributed ephemera alongside many talented young artists.
Art Show - The Dekalb Palace - 2019
- Displayed an untitled Acrylic on Canvas work at a popular underground music venue.
End of Year Show - The Cooper Union - 2018
- Exhibited a 2-channel video installation "Partition" alongside design and photo work.
Anthology Film Archives - Cooper Union Film Festival - 2017
- Screened a short film as part of a film festival on April 29, 2017.
- Became a Camry as part of a somewhat haunting video performance with vocals and theremin, sang a rather catchy song I wrote.
TRYOUTS 2 - Club 444 - July 23, 2019
- Gave an intensive 20 minute video slideshow performance on The Spectacle, Commodities, and Cuteness while playing a theremin synth setup.
WAIF Magazine - Cover Editorial - February 14, 2020
- Creative directed and modeled in a studio photo shoot selected for the front cover of WAIF Magazine's 'WAIF Loves You' issue, featuring designer brands like YSL and Balenciaga alongside vintage jewelry pieces on loan from business partners.
- Photo Assist: Rafaella Fontenelle
- Makeup Artist: Halle Benoit
Irwin and Lillian Appel Endowment for Financial Aid - 2020
- Scholarship graciously donated by Kenneth Appel
Vincent J. Mielcarek, Jr. Memorial Fund Prize - 2019
- Received for outstanding academics and achievement in photography.
HackNYU - Honorable Mention - 2018
- Accolade from J.P. Morgan Chase for work on a interface for disaster responders.
Monitor - The Paul Laux Digital Architecture Studio - 2020
- Oversaw laser cutter operations, large format plotter queues, and 3D printer maintenance while keeping the studio tidy and adequately stocked with supplies
Production Assistant - The Eyeslicer - 2018
- Facilitated the filming process for the Halloween special of this Indie TV show.
Art Handler - The Cooper Union - 2018
- Dissassembled, packed, and moved artworks for transport.
Tour Guide - The Cooper Union - 2017
- Extolled the virtues of Cooper to prospective applicants.
Sales Associate - Cherry Picked Vintage Market - 2016
- Sold antique items while assuring the customer's satisfaction.
Makerspace Intern - Moonlighter Lounge - 2015
- Oversaw daily operation of a laser cutter, CNC mill, and 3D printers.
- Managed complex fabrication projects for clients.
Camp Assistant - Art Center South Florida - 2014
- Taught art to children through various activities in a classroom setting.
Miscellaneous - Digital Creative
- Graphic Design: over 7 years of training in all aspects, including branding, posters, books, and icons
- Web Design: specializing in responsive, multiplatform front-end development
- Photography: years of experience in both film and digital, trained in studio lighting and all manner of digital correction
- Videography: skilled in post-production editing and stripped down shoots for video installation and online viewing
- Social Media: grew personal Instagram account to ~5,000 followers with 10% post engagement and story content generating over 35,000 weekly impressions
Programming - Languages
Programs - Adobe
- After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere, XD
Programs - Other
- 3D: Maya, Blender, Sculptris, Houdini, SketchUp
- 2D: Capture One, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Sketch, Keynote, Excel